Chocolate mousse is often made with unsweetened chocolate and has a bitter, strong flavor. This recipe, however, is for a light, sweet-tasting mousse that is sure to appeal to all chocolate lovers.
1 envelope unsweetened gelatin powder
1/4 c. cold water
2 squares unsweetened baking chocolate
1 square semisweet baking chocolate
1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. sugar
1 pt. heavy cream
1. In a medium bowl, combine gelatin with water and set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine milk and chocolate. Over low heat, stir until the chocolate is completely melted. Add the sugar. Stir until it dissolves completely. Let cool.
3. In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the heavy cream until it thickens and forms soft peaks.
4. Pour the chocolate mixture into a large mixing bowl. Use a spoon to combine the gelatin mixture with the chocolate.
5. Use a rubber scraper to fold one-third of the cream into the chocolate. Fold in remaining cream.
6. Pour into an attractive serving bowl or into individual serving dishes and cover with plastic wrap.
7. Cool in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight. Decorate with whipped cream or grated sweet chocolate before serving.
Preparation time: 15 minutes,
Chilling time: 2 hours