Mango on sticky rice is a traditional summer dessert in Thailand because mangoes are in season then.
1 c. sticky rice
1 c. warm water
1 c. coconut milk
2 tbsp. sugar
2 pinches salt
1 ripe mango
1. Place sticky rice in a microwavable bowl and cover rice with 1 c. warm water. Let rice soak for 10 minutes.
2. Cover the bowl with a dish or plate and cook in microwave at full power for 3 minutes. Then stir rice. Some of the rice may be cooked (it will look clearer) and some will still have a white center (the uncooked portion).
3. Heat rice in microwave for another3 minutes. Check to see if it is done. When cooked, all the rice should be translucent. If it needs more cooking, continue to heat it and check it every 3 minutes. The exact cooking time varies from one microwave to another.
4. When rice is done, heat coconut milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Stirring constantly, let coconut milk simmer. Do not let it come toe rolling boil.
5. Add sugar and salt and stir to mix. Remove from heat.
6. Pour three-fourths of the hot coconut milk over the hot sticky rice. Let it sit for 5 minutes. The sticky rice will absorb all coconut milk. The rice should be a little mushy.
7. Peel and slice mango.
8. Place sticky rice on a small plate and top with sliced mango. Spoon remaining coconut milk on top of the rice. Light coconut milk.
Preparation time: 40 minutes