(15-ounce) can corn kernels, drained
cup finely chopped red bell pepper
teaspoon granulated sugar
teaspoon kosher salt
teaspoon black pepper
tablespoon unsalted butter
¾ to 1
cup shredded mozzarella cheese (see Tip)
scallion, thinly sliced
- Heat your broiler. In a medium bowl, combine corn, bell pepper, mayonnaise, sugar, salt and pepper.
- In an 8-inch cast-iron or ovenproof skillet, melt the butter over high. Add the corn mixture and sauté just until warmed, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spread the mixture evenly into a single layer, then cover with cheese.
- Set the skillet on the rack nearest the broiler and cook until the cheese is golden brown in spots, about 3 to 4 minutes. (Keep a close eye on it, as oven temperatures may vary.)
- Sprinkle with the scallions and enjoy while it’s hot and cheesy!