Tired of the same old chicken recipes? Liven up dinnertime with spiced roast chicken.
3- to 4-lb. chicken pieces (drum-sticks, wings, and thighs)*
1/4 c. soy sauce 2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp. black pepper
1/4 c. sugar
2 tbsp. vegetable oil several lettuce leaves
1. Rinse chicken in cool water and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Mix soy sauce, garlic, pepper, sugar, and oil in a bowl.
3. Thoroughly rub chicken pieces with this mixture. Save unused portion of mixture for later use.
4. Place chicken on a plate and let stand for 2 to 4 hours in the refrigerator.
5. Place chicken on a rack in a roasting pan and roast uncovered for 1hours at 350F. Turn chicken and drizzle with remaining soy sauce mixture every half hour during roasting.
6. When chicken is done, remove from the oven. Arrange pieces on a bed of lettuce on a serving platter.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Refrigeration time: 2 to 4 hours
Cooking time: 1 1/2 Serves 4
*After handling raw chicken or other poultry, always remember to thoroughly wash your hands, utensils, and preparation area with soapy hot water. Also, when checking chicken for doneness, s a good idea to cut it open gently to make sure that the meat is white (not pink) all the way through.