small boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound total)
cup fresh lime juice, plus more lime wedges, for serving (3 to 4 limes)
1 to 2
tablespoons wasabi paste
garlic cloves, grated
teaspoon granulated sugar
8 to 10
celery ribs, plus 1/2 cup celery leaves
Sesame seeds, for serving
- In a medium pot, cover chicken breasts with about 2 inches of water, and season with 2 tablespoons kosher salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, then simmer on low until the chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the pot and let cool.
- While the chicken cools, make the dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together lime juice, tahini, wasabi paste, garlic, sugar and 1/4 cup water until smooth. Season to taste with salt.
- Cut celery into 2-inch segments, then cut segments lengthwise into matchsticks and place in a large bowl.
- Using two forks or hands, shred the chicken into bite-size pieces and transfer to the bowl with the celery.
- Pour dressing over the chicken and celery and toss to coat. Top with celery leaves and sesame seeds, and serve with lime wedges.