This recipe will teach you how to make Fish with Mustard Sauce. It is a quick and easy recipe to make. I really like the flavour of the fish. Which gives this sauce an incredible taste and then added to the fish is just so exceptional. I found the boneless, skinless gem fish the best to use for this recipe but any white fish fillets will do.
4 c. water
1/2 lemon, sliced
1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
2 bay leaves
1 tbsp. shredded carrot
1 tsp. salt
2 lbs. 1-in.-thick fillets of cod, walleye, or any firm whitefish
mustard sauce (recipe follows)
1. Place water, lemon, onion, bay leaves, carrot, salt, and peppercorns in a wide skillet and bring to a boil over high heat.
2. Add fish, placing fillets in a single layer, and reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes, or until fish flakes. Save the cooking liquid to use in the mustard sauce.
3. Place fish on warm platter. Cover with foil to keep warm. Serve with mustard sauce.
Preparation time:10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
2 tbsp. butter, margarine, or vegetable oil
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 c. cooking liquid from fish
3 tbsp. Dijon-style mustard
dash of salt
1 tsp. sugar
1 to 2 tbsp. half-and-half or fat-free half-and-half
1. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Sprinkle in flour a little at a time, stirring well after each addition.
2. Stir in liquid from fish a little at a time. Add mustard, salt, and sugar and stir well.
3. Remove from heat and stir in 1 tbsp. half-and-half. Sauce should be creamy and easy to pour. If too thick, stir in another tbsp. of half-and-half.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes Makes 1 cup;